Thursday, March 11, 2010

The next couple days are a blur.

I seriously had no time or overwhelming desire to blog during my 2 weeks in Iasi. So here I am back home and refreshing the days that ran together.

I'm pretty sure it was the day after Daniel helped put together the switch interface that I brought it in and began working with Alex on it. I explained to him how to use it with his cheek and chin. He struggled at times, but learned the way to use it in boardmaker very quickly. I had to hold the switch next to him, because there was still a problem of finding a mounting apparatus. Alex quickly grew to prefer the new switch system over camera mouse. I tried the cross scanning software with him and he quickly picked that up as well. I set up the desktop to be easier for him to navigate to programs he wanted and yeah other technical stuff. I think that night I did some stuff with the BYU people, but I don't remember now. I think my birthday was somewhere in there or like Sunday. Yeah Sunday, they made me a pudding cake and sang to me even though they didn't really know me yet. It was really nice even though I kind of expected that leaving the country would help me avoid some of that.

The process of implementing the mounting apparatus involved several more trips to home depot place. I thought I was making progress with it, but Viorel came up with something way better than I could have. I wandered around for awhile and got a lot of "it is not possible"s and stuff like that. I found some bolts and a couple ideas for things to screw into pipe. I am definitely not a handyman, but the fact that I need to draw on the talents of others is a comfortable place for me and ends in a much better product in the end anyway.

It's weird writing about things now, because by now, I've already explained my trip to triteness and made it positive experience from my mouth to balance between boring, pretentious, romanticizing and depressing. It was fun and salient and is already slipping away.

I felt a sense of closure. Weird. Like there isn't a whole lot more for me to offer. My life was waiting for me when I got back and I appear no closer to that ethereal real living arrival that goes through my mind at times to taunt me. The plan to settle that requires a portion of growth and a portion of conceding bending. I finished this dive like I had intended, but still left partially empty. I don't know what I hoped to come away with, but perhaps it was just the contrast of leaving a place that is so full of joy and purpose for me and the panic of trying to position my mind and body, maybe my soul? To continue that feeling or energy. I am very tired and a little foggy today so I will probably write more about the experience a little later. I have videos and a few pictures, but most of them I can't post on here. I will show people who care to ask though.

No comments: