Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pregame

Hey I'm in Iasi. It was a long trip, but not really worth noting. Other than me not realizing I scanned my bus card wrong and had to pay a 15 dollar bribe. It was a long flight and I arrived in Bucharest pretty tired. I met up with Mark Hillier and he showed me around the city a bit. I got some shwarma from the good place. It was crazy spicy. Like I could only eat half of it. I took the night train in a sleeper car which was amazing. I fell asleep before I even got sheets on the bed oops. I got into Iasi at 6 and walked over Mihai's mom's apartment. Daniela Padure has been very hospitable to me and has cooked for me and welcomed me warmly. I have been very blessed to have such good friends out here. I'm really excited to see Alex tomorrow. I met with Teo and the BYU group today and was able to get a few things done on the computer. Teo and I stopped by the new mall and park behind the palace that the city has been working on for 5 years. It looks way awesome. I'll have pictures on Saturday hopefully.

The weather is mild and overcast. The good stuff starts tomorrow.

1 comment:

Katie said...

so lucky! hold some of those little children for me!